Friday, May 7, 2010

Five Lessons I from my Organized Mom

It is Mother's Day this weekend, which had me thinking about my own mother.
This beautiful, smiling woman is Martha.  She is an amazing woman who is not only my mom but also one of my best friends! 

I am so thankful that growing up I had a mom that was organized and a good manager of time to give me a healthy role model to follow after. 

My mom retired from teaching after thirty years and as we spoke to many of her fellow teachers one of the most consistent comments about her was that she was always so organized and prepared.  She was able to do this while raising three of us, always being at our events, and keeping up a clean home with healthy meals. 

I speak to clients everyday and often times I hear this statement... "My mother was never organized and I did not have a good model or idea what to do to manage a home."  Every time I hear that statement I silently thank the Lord for my mom and the gift and example that she gave me. 

If you are one of these women who would agree with my clients statement then I want to share this list with you today and encourage you to break the pattern so you can give this same gift to your children someday.

Five lessons that I learned from my Organized Mom:

1.  I learned the importance of always being on time. 
2.  I learned the importance of a clean house and giving everything a place.
3.  I learned to make the most of each purchase and stretch each dollar as far as it would go.
4.  I learned that you can set aside time for family meals that were healthy no matter how busy you are.
5.  I learned that planning ahead often saved me frantic nights full of stress... so I learned to not procrastinate on a project.

I encourage you today to take a moment before Mother's Day begins officially this weekend and ask yourself are you setting the kind of example that you want to for your children?
If not, I encourage you to take advantage of our Mother's Day Special... any purchase this weekend is 25% off at http://www.simpleorgaizedsanity.com/ with the code MOMSDAY.

I would like to wish each of you a VERY HAPPY Mother's Day!!!  I hope it is filled with hugs, kisses, and great memories!


No comments: