Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My latest Project

One of my biggest organizational challenges in my home has been my four year old's bedroom because it was in serious need of some added storage.  I designed a custom built unit for her room and began planning for the project weekend... anxious to transform her space.

         
Before the Project Started...

I made a list of all of the categories of her toys that I would need
fabric storage cubes for so that I could purchase the
right number before the project started.

I went shopping for fabric storage cubes on a budget. I was finding them for around $3.99-$6.99 online and at local stores; however, I knew that I needed 15 or more cubes so I wanted find something a little more budget friendly.  I can not tell you how excited I was when I found all of these cubes and baskets at... THE DOLLAR TREE!!!!  That is right I got all of this for only $18.00!!!!
 


Project Day




We got started by clearing EVERYTHING out of the room.  I took all of the toys and boxed them up and moved out the other furniture so we could get the unit built.














After they were built:

I moved the bed back into the room and began sorting all of her toys into the different cubes and baskets while also purging out old toys, books, and other items that we not going back into the space.   I bagged up four trashbags of things to donate from her room.  



Putting it all together



My daughter LOVES her new space and so do I!!!  She has been doing a wonderful job of only getting one cube out a time and clean up has been a breeze. 

2 comments:

Clueless_Mama said...

That is exactly what I told my husband I wanted to do with my daughters room. I would love to work with you on designing something like that for her room. Beautiful!

Marci@OvercomingBusy said...

That is great! Its one thing to have all the pretty containers, but its another having the right space to put them so they do not become clutter. Love it!